Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reduce and Distribute for Data Level Security

Hi All,

Can any one please help me in understanding Reduction and Distribution method for Data Level Security . I know it is done at QMC level .

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See

Video introduction: Simple Reduction and Distribution.mp4

More advanced reduction: Reduce and loop by NT username.mp4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter ,

Thanks for your reply . I already checked this video before starting this thread . I have developed a sample QVW file and deployed to QV server . i also Reduced the data based on field . But when i am opening that on server , it is showing no data to me

balabhaskarqlik

May be try like this:

The "default" task should be, in the QMC, Documents tab, Source Documents, Reduce tab in the task, Reduce and Loop and the field from the dropdown list once you have clicked open document button. Then Distribute it manually to any folder that the services running account have permissions.

That should be all, and that's how we have some tasks working.

If not working, try to delete the task from source document and set it up again from scratch.

OR

Do you use Section Access (within the QV document) in addition to a simple reduce? That can sometimes cause conflicts if not configured properly, e.g. you need to give the QlikView service account ADMIN rights on document level.

Otherwise if the field and value that you are using for the simple reduce exist and the QV service account is allowed to see them, try adding a new tasks and testing it again, just in case something has been configured incorrectly.