Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reference Line Tooltip

Hi everyone ,

Is there any way to show reference line value in tool tip on hover over in bar chart.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No. Perhaps you can create an expression for the reference line instead or add data to your table(s) for the reference line.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I hope it doesn't have that feature.

You can go with Combo chart. And use the expression or value used in reference as line expression here.

Have symbols to because on hovering the intersection point will only be able to see the tooltip.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mubbasher,

No, there is no way to show tips on hover over a reference line, only over the actual graph blocks of the graphs. You can write the value over the line to be shown all the time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wass ,

I have created reference line and it is looking good as seen in below screen but the problem is when I hover over the line in the chart it does not show me any tool tip displaying its value.reference line tooltip.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion , I have tried that too but in that case line stops at centers of first and last bar of chart , it does not  cross over whole chart area.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks , I am already showing its value in its custom designed legend which is always there but I was looking for some workaround which can display in tool tip , Strange you can see tool tip on some items and not on others .