Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reference line with Split Axis

Hi all, this question is a sequence to the previous question i post yesterday. Basically i got the solution of using split axis to get the years to show as headings. Now, I have another problem when I include reference line to the y-axis. If you take a look at the qvw file as attached, the reference is not parked at 35000 as aligned to the y-axis due to the split axis. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Try this (attached)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Try this (attached)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi nicole, thanks for the solution. I try and normally it will work out fine but as my scale does not always start at 0 (I set a min(Amount) as static min, the solution does not work anymore. I am trying to play around and see if I can get a correct number for the static min and max. Meanwhile, I will put your solution as helpful.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I forget to add that my actual number amount to millions so i am having some problem to even get the year on the top of the chart.

Nicole-Smith

If you didn't notice, I took the split axis off, made the axis position for "=if(month(Date)=4, 1, 0)" "Right (Top)", and the axis for everything else "Left (Bottom)".  If you haven't changed these things on whatever chart you're working on, that may be why you're not seeing what you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry i forget to reply that after i try out with a few other settings, it works! Thanks nicole.

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you Nicole this worked a treat