Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reference lines over lap with values on data points

Hi, I'm new to Qlikview.  The reference lines in attached chart are overlapping with the values to make the numbers hard to read.  What's the best way to fix this?  I tried Plot Values inside Segments, it had the same problem.  Text on Axis doesn't look pretty.  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the argb function with as first parameter the alpha value for transparency. R,g and b are the other parameters for the function. Alpha 0 is 100% transparent, 255 is 100% opaque.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your options are limited if you want to keep the values in the chart itself. You can make the lines thinner and change the transparancy of the color,

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You could also show the values on axis.

Or use some alternative to reference lines.

For example you could divide your bars into three colorized segments (green, yellow, red).

Not applicable
Author

OK, I was hoping there was a way to move these values up, but I tried what you suggested it did look better, Thank you!  Hopefully it will pass QA.

Not applicable
Author

If the line color is defined by background color of a dimension (Expressions tab, click on +, Definition field) which is

RGB(252,115,98), how to make it semi-transparent?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the argb function with as first parameter the alpha value for transparency. R,g and b are the other parameters for the function. Alpha 0 is 100% transparent, 255 is 100% opaque.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much!  You are so helpful!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!