Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Refreshing the task outside of the machine

Hi, We have this set up of having 2 QVWs one for data extract and the other which contains the GUI(dashboard) as such. The extract qvw runs in the client machine and then gets ftped to our server where we have the qlikview server. Then the reload task runs and the GUI contains a Binary load of the extract qvw.

Now the issue if the data extract fails for some reason, the client wants to run the whole qlikview process themselves without depending on us. The first step, the extract, can be done as it sits in their machine. They can also ftp the extract qvw to our machine. But they cannot access out machine where there qv server is hosted, which means they have to depend on us to do the GUI refresh. Is there anyway we can enable them to do it? I read about EDX, but not sure if that can be used here as these are completely 2 different machines in 2 different networks.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Ram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If those networks aren't connected by anything else than the internet, you could turn your client into a Document Administrator. The essence of it is:

• Client is granted access to only a limited portion of the QMC (no configuration, no users, no services, no nothing except documents and tasks)
  • Client can only control tasks for which you assign permissions.
  • Client can only execute/configure tasks.

The client probably already has access to the AccessPoint, so security should already be tightened up.

EDX (especially the command line tool) can be used as well, and may be simpler to implement. But then again, you're throwing open some sort of web services-door to your own network.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See How to set-up QlikView Document Administration for some more information.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for the prompt response. But I have an issue here. I don't get to see the 'Folder Access' tab at all. I am checking with my Account Manager if the version we've got is a SBE or a EE.

Even when I open the document properties, I don't get to see 'Reduce' and 'Distribute'. I really doubt what I am having is a EE...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To assign Document Administrators, you'll need QlikView Publisher, not QlikView Server EE. The 'Reduce' and 'Distribute' tabs are QlikView Publisher features as well.

Try Using EDX in QlikView 11 if you don't have a Publisher license.

Good luck,

Peter