cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regarding tree view

Hello everyone ,

I need some information regarding tree views

I got a hierarchal data of large volume and I want to display it in a tree view using a pivot table ,

I can't go for a tree view in a list box because I want some brief like a  summary also Is that possible ???

If it's not possible can u suggest me by using which chart/box I can display the data in a tree view

Thankyou all in advance

Thanks ,

Bradd

7 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bradd,

Are you v10?  If so, you can add an expression to a list box - even a hierarchical one.

You can also use the Hierarchy function in QlikView to split data that is hierarchical into multiple fields that can be used in a pivot.  Check out the help file.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stephen ,

But I want to display multiple columns and I want to display partial sum for some branches/parent nodes in hierarchy

So can I do that in a pivot ???

And regarding the hierarchy function can u tell me a little bit in brief ...

Thanks,

Bradd

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

That should be no problem to project in a pivot table. Please attach a sample QVW where you have loaded a portion of your data, to make evaluating your situation a bit easier.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Toni ,

But actually I have a requirement for this which is still in process and I'm asking this because if it can work in pivot then I'll go for it or else I have to seek for a alternative . Like tree view in a list box and the remaining separately in another box/table & On what type of data it is gonna works ( I mean recursive or flattened data )

So if you don't mind can u share ur idea in what case that the tree view in pivot is gonna work.

Thanks,

Bradd

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You may need to go down the Hierarchy route.

Not much point in me telling you more about it here as it is already so well described in both the help file and the reference manual.

Regards,

Stephen

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Since it is not clear what your raw data looks like, it is a bit tricky to give a good answer on how hard work you will have to accomplish what you want to do. My recommendatyion is that you try to make a sample data basedon what you know about your data sources, so that you can make a conformance test of how the data can be handled.

See my attached sample of an autogenerated hierarchy, to give a indication of what a the pivot table projection could look like. Hope it can be helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Toni

I'll try to give you a view of my data may be by tomorrow ...

Thanks

Bradd