Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Relative Bubble Size

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the relative size of the bubbles. As the values that determine the size of bubbles are relatively close, hence making the size of bubbles very similar. How can I edit the relative size of the bubbles? Changing the Max size of bubble does not help. 

Bubble size.JPG

Thanks!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There is a Max Bubble Size setting on the Presentation tab of properties (Disable Autosize Symbols) that you should do what you want.

Regards,

P.Prasath

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prasath, it didn't turn out well. I tried but all bubbles grew together and overcrowded the chart. I could hardly tell the size difference.

Wynn

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You could probably select different styles as shown in the below screenshot. What I feel here you have selected the style for all the bubles to be in the same size and not relative.

nogap.JPG

Regards,

Subin

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you can calculate a value for the bubble size that increases the relative difference. A simple example would be:

=sum(value) - max(TOTAL value) + .01

other formulas are possible, depending on how you want to visually represent the spread.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob!

It works! As the values ranges from 60-90, I deduct a 50 from the value in the formula.

Bubble size2.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Ooh I want that solution. Where do I put the formula?

Thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The bubble size is the 3rd expression in the scatter chart.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Found it.

I started using Google Maps within QVdocs and wanted to change the size of the bubbles on the map. Knew it should be the 3rd but it wasn't working. Turns out that I had to change the dimension...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

In the 3rd expression i am using 3 conditons to plot the bubbles in 3 different sizes i.e, HIGH, MID , LOW size.

eg: if(A='LOW',20,

if(A='MID',50,

if(A='HIGH',90)))

problem here is when all 3 values are present i.e, greater than 0. it works fine.

but when any one value is 0 then bubble size shifts by one level up.

Eg: 1. When HIGH value is 0 then MID bubble will plot in the size of HIGH and LOW bubble will plot in the size of MID.

2. if MID and HIGH both values are 0. then LOW bubble will plot in the size of HIGH.

Expection is respective bubbles should always plot in the size given in the conditon rather than automatically resize itself.

can you help on this please ?

Thanks in advance.