Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Resizing Container and Object Size?

I have six straight tables placed inside a grid container, but the tables have different numbers of rows. As you can see, this creates a lot of unnecessary white space. Is there any way to remove this extra space? Something akin to 'Size to Data' perhaps?

sample.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andy, if you hover your mouse on the invisible grid separating the objects, you will be able to shrink each cell down as needed. If you enable borders on the tables in the container, the grid is easier to see.

In general, containers aren't all that useful because of layout issues like these, combined with the fact that you can't change active container objects programmatically. I typically use buttons to hide/show charts rather than containers.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andy, if you hover your mouse on the invisible grid separating the objects, you will be able to shrink each cell down as needed. If you enable borders on the tables in the container, the grid is easier to see.

In general, containers aren't all that useful because of layout issues like these, combined with the fact that you can't change active container objects programmatically. I typically use buttons to hide/show charts rather than containers.

Regards,

Vlad