Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting a filter to a specific object

Hello,

New to Qlikview, I would like to apply a filter - to be specific, it is a calendar-based filter - that will only apply to one or more objects, but not the rest of the document.

Once the user selects the calendar-date, some of the graphs/objects will only show their value(s) on that filtered date, while the others will continue to show for example the values over time.

Thank you !

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

To set the alternate state, go to Settings > Document Properties > General tab > Alternate States > Click 'Add' and name your state.  Then you will have the option to set which state you want to use in your list box, chart, etc.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you'll have to use set analysis expressions in the charts that should ignore the date selection. Or you could detach them, but then they would disregard any and all selections.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I would recommend setting up an alternate state for the objects you want to be affected.  If you leave everything else in the inherited state, then they won't be affected by the selections in your alternate state.

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example of the Alternate States.

Not applicable
Author

The attchment is great, does exactly what I had in mind. Will need to see how to use it (tried copying over into my document but I lost the Alternate State optionin the process).

Many thanks.

Not applicable
Author

The attachment is great, does exactly what I had in mind. Will need to see how to use it (tried copying over into my document but I lost the Alternate State optionin the process).

Many thanks.

Not applicable
Author

To set the alternate state, go to Settings > Document Properties > General tab > Alternate States > Click 'Add' and name your state.  Then you will have the option to set which state you want to use in your list box, chart, etc.

Capture.JPG