Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reversing the display of accumulated data in a table

I hope this is an interesting question, it is at the very least a bit of a challenge being thrown down.

I have a customer that wants a table that shows the sum of income by month, forecast figure and the percentage income against forecast (accumulated)

Table_ForDiscussion.png

Now I caan get it to work with the percentage accumulating left to right...The customer however wants to see this running in reverse, but without affecting the sort order of the rest of the table.

The current expression reads:

=rangesum(Before(Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Forecast_Amt),0, ColumnNo()))

I foolishly thought that I could just swith the Before to After and I would get the desired affect however I get the folllowing:

Table_ForDiscussion2.png

Am I missing something? or is it a case of it not being possible? or stupidly complicated?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Would that max percentage perhaps be...

Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >} total Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >} total Forecast_Amt)

...?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

How about subtracting it from 1:

=1-rangesum(Before(Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Forecast_Amt),0, ColumnNo()))

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert Wassenaar wrote:

How about subtracting it from 1:

=1-rangesum(Before(Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Forecast_Amt),0, ColumnNo()))

Ok, that is really helpful, my only issue is that the percentage can be more than 100%...So I need to somehow substitute the 1 for the maximum percentage in the dimensions?.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >} total Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >} total Forecast_Amt)

...?

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert Wassenaar wrote:

...?

I'm going for =Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >} Total Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Forecast_Amt)-rangesum(Before(Sum ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Collection_Week)/max ( {< MonthSerial = {$(=max(C_MonthSerial))}  >}  Forecast_Amt),0, ColumnNo()))