Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rounding issue Chart vs Graph

I am currently running in to an issue regarding number validation between a pivot table and a graph.  They are both using the same exact expression and dimension, i have made sure of it.  I even checked the number tab in the chart and graph properties.  However, the pivot table is giving me different rounding numbers than the bar graph.  For instance doing the math on a calculator i am getting a number such as 31.958.  This number will be 32.0 in the pivot table, yet in the graph this number comes up as 31.9.  I have tried the rounding expression and this seems to not really do anything.  Is there a reason that the Bar graph rounds differently than the pivot table?

9 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

This would be rather disappointing, if it really happens. Did you check that you also use exactly the same format pattern for the number? A sample application would help.

Not applicable
Author

Yes i did.  I have the number set to decimal fixed to 1 decimal place and the number looking like #,##0.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

make the num fomat to #,##0 . hope this might give you the crrt solution

Not applicable
Author

Although this does make the charts correct.  We wanted the number to be more accurate and not round to the nearest interger, but rather to the nearest tenth.

Not applicable
Author

Rather than using the number formatting try adding Num() to your expression and format here then use the expression default (note in QV11 SR1 you may have to rebuild the chart for expression default to work)

Not applicable
Author

Although this did help solve one object, and linked the chart and graph correctly.  It is not helping with all of them.  So i am still trying.

Not applicable
Author

Rule of thumb, formatted expression values are generally more reliable than a visual editor

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you post a small sample file that demonstrate your issue?

Is it maybe related to this issue?

http://community.qlik.com/message/237958#237958

Not applicable
Author

Ths issue has been resolved.  Thank you everyone for your help.  Had to do with the usage of a Sum(Aggr( function in what we were dividing by.