Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Same Chart with different selections in Reports

Hi,

I have a customer requirement I dont' know how to deal with.

I am creating a report, and this report needs to have the same  chart, but with diferent  selections. The idea is the user will select a selection ,drop the chart to the report, change the seleccition, drop again the chart to the report, AND the previous chart must no change (so will show the previous selections).

I know this can be done through alternative states, but the problem is the the number of charts neede is not defined, some times can be 5, some times can be 16, and I hope it is not necessary to create 30 alternative states.

One solution is that the  user can store the chart as a image, and then put that image in a text object, and the text object in the report.

This will covert the requeriment, however from webview I can't see how to add the image to a text objetct, I dont see any browse button.

Any idea?

Many thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

From help:

Detach

The chart title is appended with the text "(Detached)" and the chart is no longer updated with selections made in the document (though selections may actually still be made from the chart). The command is available only if the chart is attached

By making a copy of a chart and detaching it, you may make direct comparisons between the copy and the original.

AttachAttaches a detached chart. The chart becomes dynamically linked to the data. The command is available only if the chart is detached.

Right click on your chart and then find it in context menu.

regards

Darek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

what with detach/attach?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry ,what do you mean with dettach/attach?

Not applicable
Author

From help:

Detach

The chart title is appended with the text "(Detached)" and the chart is no longer updated with selections made in the document (though selections may actually still be made from the chart). The command is available only if the chart is attached

By making a copy of a chart and detaching it, you may make direct comparisons between the copy and the original.

AttachAttaches a detached chart. The chart becomes dynamically linked to the data. The command is available only if the chart is detached.

Right click on your chart and then find it in context menu.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

THank you very much, easy and simple!