Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Chart (Bubble) with one dimension, two calculated and one standard expression

Hi experts,

I want to build a bubble charts using scatter chart option as I have only one dimension to show in the chart. Details are below:

Dimension: Company

Expressions to be shown: 1. Number of employees (Size of bubble)

2. Utilization (% in X-Axis) - Calculated on the fly

3. Cost per Hour ($ in Y-Axis) - Calculated on the fly

I can see that I can define which metric should be assigned to X-axis, Y-Axis and Bubble size in advanced mode but there is no option to enter a formula in X and Y Axis. I cannot have these metrics pre-calculated and stored as columns in the data tables as these metrics are time dependent and many selections are available for the user to analyse this data like month, quarter, week etc. hence these metrics must be calculated at the runtime.

Could you please let me know how I can get this implemented? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Kiran

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The first dimension is used as x-axis, the second as y-axis and one expression is used for the size of the bubble. That's it I'm afraid. You can use calculated dimensions, but only two, in combination with one expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The first dimension is used as x-axis, the second as y-axis and one expression is used for the size of the bubble. That's it I'm afraid. You can use calculated dimensions, but only two, in combination with one expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, by default, first expression is taken in X-axis, second expression in Y-axis and third expression as size of the bubble. I'm able to define and get the desired result in the basic expression tab view but when I shift to "Advanced mode" the option of defining an expression in X or Y axis is not available. Hence, the confusion.

I guess there is some inconsistency in Qlikview tool. Would point this out in issues forum.

AkshayKapoor
Contributor
Contributor

I am not able to display discrete values of dimension in x-axis, it only allows measures in x and y axis. Trying to replicate chart which was created in PowerBI