Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Plot Bubble Size

Background:

We issue recommendations to our clients and we track how long it takes them to rectify the issue (Months Outstanding) and how many times they change the target date to close out the recommendation (# of times revised).  Based on those two factors (expressions) I have created a scatterplot chart with a dimension of Recommendation ID.  It works perfect, I even define the color of the bubbles based on a formula to express criticality. 

Question:

The only issue is that I can have multiple recommendation ids that have the same Months outstanding and # of times revised and I want to make the bubble larger based on how many recommendations have the same combinations of Months outstanding and # of times revised.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Chad   

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure if I understand your thread, can you please share your sample qvw

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Anil Babu wrote:

I am not sure if I understand your thread, can you please share your sample qvw

Please see attached.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

YOu can increase the bubble size here: Just click on Advanced mode in expression tab on bottom left corner you can see this window and give your expression.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I am aware that I can change the size using the Bubble size expression but I don't know what expression to use to get the results I need.  I want the bubble to increase in size based on the total number of recommendations that have the same 'Total Months Exposure" and '# of Revisions' .  The table below would produce 3 bubbles on the chart I want ID 6 to be the smallest bubble, ID 1 & 2 a little bigger and ID 3,4 & 5 the biggest.

Recommendation IDTotal Months Exposure# of Times Revised
Not applicable
Author

Just to be more clear I want the highlighted bubble on the picture below to have a larger bubble because three different recommendations ids have the exact same months outstanding and times revised.  See below:

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try putting in RecommendationID in the bubble size expression and check ?

= RecommendationID

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Or use = Avg(BubbleSize)

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that just increases the bubble size based on the ID number.  In the example above, I would like the bubble to count 3 observations and then increase size accordingly compared to another bubble that only has one observation.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this and see.

= Avg(Aggr(MonthsExposure, RecommendationID))