Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

Scatter chart line style

Is it possible through chart properties or by macro to do dotted and dashed lines in a scatter chart?

I tried ='<S2>' in the Line Style property of the chart expression. I can't find anything in the API Guide for Dotted or Dashed lines.

='<W8>'  doesn't work in the Line Style property of the chart expression, but I was able to change the line width with a macro.

3 Replies

Re: Scatter chart line style

Maybe you could find a proper example within the APIGuide if you searched for *dot* within the field PropComment and which code-examples are connected to them:

- Marcus

mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion Marcus.

When I do that, the available Classes are:

IChartProperties,IExpressionVisualDef,ILineArrowLayout,IMiniChartLayoutDef,IReferenceLineDef

When I then select Class = IChartProperties, the only available member is MinorGridStyle.

The other classes don't apply.

I'm thinking that dotted or dashed lines are not possible in a scatter chart.

I don't know if dotted or dashed lines are possible within a scatter chart but not all possible settings have an example within the APIGuide and sometimes you could adapt the logic|syntax|parameters from a similar example.

Another way to get hints/ideas to possible parameters could be to export the document layout (from a small dummy app with only the wanted object to reduce the amounts of the output) and then to search within the xml-branches.

But both ways are far away from funny else quite an ugly trial & error approach so that I wouldn't think about it if the aim of it is just only nice to have.

- Marcus

Community Browser