Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter diagram

Hi,

I'm trying to do a scatter diagram in QlikView and I'm not doing great so far.

What I'm trying to do is to create a QV from an existing excel document, and in this excel document there is a diagram like this:

Example.png

The chart displays one dot per case. I have only managed to create charts with one dot per category (software, hardware etc) so far.

Each case has the following properties:

• Response time
  • Category
  • Date

Any one who could help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then use "WorkflowInstance" as first dimension and "WorkFlowType" as second dimension.

If the following graph I have used "Country" as first dimension and "UN Region" as second. Note the colors.

HIC

Bubble chart.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've seen this before, and it sure do help a bit. However, when I followed this guide the closest thing i could achieve was this:

Example.png

I cannot make it anywhere close to the original:

• For some reason the StartDate is suddenly all wrong. The startdate is formated as 'YYYY-MM-DD'
  • I can make a diagram for the category 'Annat', but not for all categories at once. When i do this, I get only one dot per category.
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It looks as if the start date isn't interpreted correctly. But it is impossible to tell without looking at the data. Post some data, please.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I managed to correct the StartDate interpretation. It was automatically set to calculate the sum of the startdate, which naturally looked wiered for me.

I have now managed to create a scatterchart doing what i want, except that i cannot make it group by category type (hardware, software etc) like the picture in the first post.

The data is attached.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Make the following changes:

Set Dimension to "WorkFlowType"

Set Expression 1 to Avg(StartDate)

Set Expression 2 to Sum(ResponseTime)

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help. The problem is, when I do what you suggest I end up with only one dot per category. What i want is to make every WorkflowInstance to be displayed as a dot on the chart (with the dot color depending on what category the instance is associated with.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then use "WorkflowInstance" as first dimension and "WorkFlowType" as second dimension.

If the following graph I have used "Country" as first dimension and "UN Region" as second. Note the colors.

HIC

Bubble chart.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! This did the trick!

Richard