Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting options from multiple list boxes tied to same field

Hi, I am building a dashboard that has multiple tabs.  In one of the tabs, I'm tracking sales data by product.  In my raw data, I have a field with the date of sale of a particular product.  My data table has only one field for date as of now.

I've created two list boxes based on the date field.  One list box displays the year, and one list box displays the month.  With this setup, if I pick Jun in Listbox#2, I cannot pick 2014 and 2013 in Listbox#1, since both are tied to the date field.  I can either do a selection in the Month listbox or Year listbox, but not both together.  If I need to see only Jun 2014 data, I cant. 

How do I overcome this?  Is there a way to do it, or should I create a separate field for the year and month from the date, and make those my source?  Also, since the data comes from Excel, should I do that calculation in Excel and thereby reduce the load of Qlikview load, or can I do that directly in my Load script without too much overhead?

Thanks much for your guidance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

you already found the solution on your own, you have to create seperate month and year fields from your date field during load.

Don't worry about additional load in QV and don't waste any efforts in extending your excel source.

The script extension could look like this:

LOAD date,

Year(date) as year,

Month(date) as month

FROM your.xls;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

you already found the solution on your own, you have to create seperate month and year fields from your date field during load.

Don't worry about additional load in QV and don't waste any efforts in extending your excel source.

The script extension could look like this:

LOAD date,

Year(date) as year,

Month(date) as month

FROM your.xls;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Great. Thanks for clearing that out for me. Can you help me with the

syntax/formula to create a field for quarter and for financial year for

India, where Q1 is from Apr-Jun and Q4 for Jan to Mar of the following

year?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGS3 Android Smartphone

MarcoWedel

please close this thread if your initial question is answered and open another one for new questions.

thanks

regards

Marco