Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis to show multiple periods when only single period selected.

Hello,

I am having dificulties dispalying a chart with a count looking at previous periods.

Count ({1<Period={">=$(=Max(Period)-7)<=$(=Max(Period))"}, eB_NCE_Status={'Implemented'}eB_NCE_Value)

It displays the correct output but the problem I am having is the chart now does not filter with my other list boxes (because of the 1).

However when I display a $ instead of a 1, it disregards the previous periods and shows only the selected period.

I have tried using this CM_MDM_contract_Name = {"$(vProject)"}>} where vProject is  GetfieldSelections (CM_MDM_contract_Name) . The problem I am having is this is now limited to just one Contract Name and when I clear my selections (hoping to see the accumlative figure of all contracts it says "No data to display".

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you can do is look at the Possible projects using the P modifier.  If you search on line you will find more information on this.  The syntax in your Set Analysis will be something like:

CM_MDM_contract_Name=P({$}CM_MDM_contract_Name)

The other part of your statement will ignore the selected dates and use the range - but this part will only select the contracts that fall on the date you have selected.

Does that give you what you require?

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Rajah,

Did you try:

Count ({<Period={">=$(=Max({1} Period)-7)<=$(=Max({1} Period))"}, eB_NCE_Status={'Implemented'}eB_NCE_Value)

Assuming the rest of the syntax is correct

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried your suggestion and it's only showing me the value for the selected period and not the previous periods.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you can do is look at the Possible projects using the P modifier.  If you search on line you will find more information on this.  The syntax in your Set Analysis will be something like:

CM_MDM_contract_Name=P({$}CM_MDM_contract_Name)

The other part of your statement will ignore the selected dates and use the range - but this part will only select the contracts that fall on the date you have selected.

Does that give you what you require?

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Steve, this worked! I haven't come across the P modifier before 🙂

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rajah,  Glad that works for you.  You may want to look into the P modifiers close relative E as well.  This gives you the excluded list.

Good for doing Alternate States without having to use Alternate States.