Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - using a filtered field as a chart dimension

Hello fellow Qlikviewers,

I seem to be asking lots of questions at the moment...

Anyway - I'm trying to create a chart object that shows some activity by month.  There are a number of date filters on the app, including month.  I want to use month in a dimension of a chart and for the chart to ignore all date selections.  I've scoured the discussion forums and haven't yet found anything that works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tim,

You can use expression to ignore dat dimensions like this

=Sum({<DateDimensionName=, YearDimensionName=, MonthDimensionName=, QuarterDimensionName=>} Sales)

In above expression YearDimensionName=, simply ignores selection of YearDimensionName values.  Likewise give all the date field in the expression.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Tim,

You need to reset the Filtered dimension to all, sth like :

Sum({<[Filtered Dimension] = >} Myvariable)

Take care with time, because the different dimensions are inter related. If you select a year, according to the model, you may select the months also. Selecting ALL month through the Set Analysis involves to reset to ALL the months and the year also.

See a doc on Set Analysis I have written a few weeks ago:http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4951

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

hmm.....

If you want to display the chart without any filtering, you can use {1} in the set analysis. refer to the document, Sum({1} Sales) returns total sales within the application, disregarding the selection but not the dimension...

If you want to keep some level of filtering but not filtering on dates, you can use {date=, month=, year=} this will remove the filter on those fields....

For the 2nd case you must look into the data structure. For example the sales date is linked to customer. although you specify in your set analysis not to filter on date. but once you filter on customer, this chart will only display the dates which this customer have purchase.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tim,

You can use expression to ignore dat dimensions like this

=Sum({<DateDimensionName=, YearDimensionName=, MonthDimensionName=, QuarterDimensionName=>} Sales)

In above expression YearDimensionName=, simply ignores selection of YearDimensionName values.  Likewise give all the date field in the expression.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for all your help.  I realised in doing this that there was a slightly spurios join which was causing the charts to not display correctly.