Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set max current selections displayed with GETFIELDSELECTIONS()

Hi,

I am using QlikView and have a textbox that displays selections made in a field using the GETFIELDSELECTIONS function. However once I select over 6 items in that field, instead of displaying each item the textbox displays '7 of 58'.

I have gone into user settings and changed the limit in Max Values in Current Selections, and this changes the number of items that are displayed in a Current Selections Box before showing 'X of 58'.

Is there a way I can change the limit for text boxes and GETFIELDSELECTIONS()? Or is there another way to do this?

Thank you for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In charts and textboxes you use the GetFieldSelections function where you can pass more parameters besides the field name to the function. The last parameter determines how many results are shown before it switches to X of Y. See the help for more online information: GetFieldSelections ‒ QlikView

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In charts and textboxes you use the GetFieldSelections function where you can pass more parameters besides the field name to the function. The last parameter determines how many results are shown before it switches to X of Y. See the help for more online information: GetFieldSelections ‒ QlikView

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I forgot to specify that changing the limit in Max Values in Current Selections only changed the number of items shown in the Current Selections box and not the textbox.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Gysbert!