Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set reference in Access Point

Hi,

I'd like to use the "set reference" functionality in access point when I access to my report with IE or Firefox but I don't have it in the menu when I right click on a bar chart for example :

QV Set Reference.jpg

Do you know how to allow this functionality when you run your report in a browser ?

Thx for your help.

Nicolas

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nicolas,

The Ajax client doesn't allow you to use that reference. However, that will work with the Plugin client. Note that the Plugin client is basically the same as the Desktop software, and uses the Windows OCX and ActiveX renderization, that is not available in the Ajax client, and hence some functionality doesn't work in this client (for example, some macros that draw objects, create groups, modify captions in charts and so).

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I know there is a plugin for IE but is there any for Firefox ?

Thx for your help.

Nicolas

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nicolas,

There's not another client for different browsers than IE for the time being, and I don't think there will be, since QlikView is enhancing its Ajax client each version, instead of having thousands of clients/extensions for each possible browser version. Firefox cannot interpret ActiveX (native, I don't know if there is some extension that does), nor any other browser can.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica