Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set reference line in scatter chart according to scale

Hi,

since it's easier to explain with an example, the attached file is what I would like to obtain.

So I would like to be able to set the position of a reference line according to the scale of the axis.

I see you coming, telling me it's easy! Well, if I want to set it from the maximum value in my chart (as you can set the max scale), yes. But I would like to position it at the middle of the axis itself, without consideration on the value of the points.

So if as in the example, my axis goes from 0 to 400, I want to set it at 400 / 2. But automatically, since the max can change.

Hope the explaination is good enough, many thanks in advance for your help!

benetche

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Benetche

There is no way to reference the Max from within a chart in qlikview (as far as I know). So the solution here would be to set the max manually, and then use the same function to set your reference line.

To set a "manual Max" you will need to max using the aggregate function over the dimension, containing the same expression for that axis. For example if your Y expression is "=sum(Amount)" and your dimension is "Month" then your function would look like:

=max(aggr(sum(Amount),Month))

I also X by 1.1 or some arbitrary amount so that the greatest figures are not exactly on the edge of the chart. I also use the ceil function to round the max to the nearest figure:

=ceil(max(aggr(sum(Amount),[Activity Month])),1000)

Each reference line would use this formula, divided by 2.

In addition to using a reference line, you could aslo use gridlines and set the step to [the maximum for that axis]/2. This would add flexibility if you wanted to specify a different number of lines in the future.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Ok,

I was using kind of the same expression, but wasn't sure whether there was a better solution or no. But the use of ceil is pretty smart, at least if you know all the ranges you'll go through.

I finally will only use the "max(aggr..." expression, multiplying by a 1.15 coefficient and of course divide by 2 for the reference line.

Thx Erica.