Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Several dimension values belonging in calculated dimension

Hi all,

Here is the context. I have several projects, associated to a current phase. Each phase belongs to one or two categories, Development or Clinical (Dev_Flag and Cli_Flag). I have this set of data :

ProjectPhaseDev_FlagCli_Flag
Prj_1Ph_1YN
Prj_2Ph_2YY
Prj_3Ph_3NY
Prj_4Ph_2YY
Prj_5Ph_1YN

I would like to display on a bar chart, the repartition of my projects by Phase and type of Phase (Development or Clinical). So, I've made a calculated dimension to build my two categories :

=If (Dev_Flag = 'Y', 'Development', If (Cli_Flag = 'Y', 'Clinical'))

Problem is that "If" condition is exclusive. Ph_1 and Ph_2 belong to both categories but are displayed only in the first encountered category in "If" Statement. Look at the attached example.

How can I make related projects appear in both category ?

Thanks,

Julien

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Try like this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

I belive ph_1 not included in Cli flag

if you see closely there is only N value for CLI flag

so Ph_1 will not appear in CLi category

Sunil Chauhan
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I think you need one more value i.e. Both. Meaning the Project Names which falls in both the category Development and Clinical.

Have a look at the example attached.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi !

First of all, thanks for your answers.

Sunil, I'm sorry, I don't understand your note. Ph_1 is not included in Clinical bar because of the Cli_Flag value (equals to N). It's what I expect. Problem is about Ph_2 that is only displayed in Development bar despite Cli_Flag value equals to Y.

Kaushik, attached example is mine. You've probably sent the wrong file. By the way, I've add a both flag but problem remains the same. In "If" statement, if the first condition is checked, the second is ignored. A same value can't appear in both bar.

Regards,

Julien

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Sorry for wrong file.

Please have a look at the attached file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Try like this.

Not applicable
Author

Very interesting tip KostinSergey, it works fine ! Thanks Kaushik for your answer but Kostin's one is exactly what I expected.

Thanks for your time everybody !

Regards,

Julien