Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show all dimensions on bar chart even if result is 0

Greetings,

I am sure this must be a simple thing to achieve but it is causing me some grief.

I have a stacked bar chart with 2 dimensions, the first is ‘day of the week’ and the second is a flag that denotes a time period, a simple on off, let’s call that ‘inside business hours’.

I am counting the number of events and plotting them by the day of the week with the stack showing the ‘on off’ element.

I need the chart to always show the full week even when there is not any data. I.e the x axis must always show: sun, mon, tues, wed, thu, fri, sat.

I have turned off the ‘supress zero values’ in the presentation tab but this seems to have no effect whether it is on or off. There must be a simple way around this?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have sorted it now, bit of a bodge to be honest.

If there is a neater way I would like to hear.

As we are talking days of the week (small number and not likely to change any time soon) I made an inline table with the days and used that as the dimension. In the expression I did the following:

=sum(if(DayName = countDayInline, aggr(sum(ActivityCount), DayName, OpeningHours), 0))

Seems to do the job.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

check

properties - > dimension -> suppress null value

uncheck

properties - > dimension -> show all values

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No difference I am afraid.

Not applicable

can you post your qvw file with this chart?

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As my report is very large and contains confidential data I cannot post it.

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have sorted it now, bit of a bodge to be honest.

If there is a neater way I would like to hear.

As we are talking days of the week (small number and not likely to change any time soon) I made an inline table with the days and used that as the dimension. In the expression I did the following:

=sum(if(DayName = countDayInline, aggr(sum(ActivityCount), DayName, OpeningHours), 0))

Seems to do the job.