Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show all dimensions on x-axis

My dimension responsible for the x-axis in my chart is Week.  I have another dimension, CaseType, which plots the lines in my line graph.  My data comes in with either a number for CaseType, or it simply doesn't list the CaseType value if there aren't any for that type of case that week. I would like to show a 0 value on for the Week if the number of Cases is Null.

Dimensions:

Week

CateType

My expression is:

If(IsNull(Cases), 0, Sum(Cases))

I have also tried the expression:

Sum(Cases)

I have the following settings for the Week dimension in the Dimensions tab:

Suppress When Value is Null - enabled

Show All Values - enabled

I have also tried displaying with each of these values disabled.

I have the following settings for the Week dimension in the Presentation tab:

Suppress Zero-Values - disabled

Zero on bars - disabled

Suppress Missing - disabled

I have also tried displaying with each of these values enabled

When I set up the axis to be Continuous, it always looks like this for a certain data selection.

Continuous.PNG

When it's not set up to be Continuous, it always looks like this for the same data selection.

Not Continuous.PNG

Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  That helped me to figure out what I was doing wrong.  It's not that 0 values weren't plotting.  It's that the values were completely null.  Example of data I was loading:

Date
Cases
CaseType
1/1/20132A
1/1/20131B
2/1/20134B
3/1/20132A
3/1/20135B
4/1/20132A
5/1/20134A

I changed my LOAD script to include a statement to add a value for every Date for every CaseType of 0 so that when I called on a CaseType for a date, there was always some kind of value, a number or 0.

For anyone with a similar issue, here's the code I used.  (My data begins on 20/6/2012 and ends the day before the LOAD statement runs.)

LOAD Date((MakeDate(2012,6,19) + IterNo())) as Date,

CaseType,

'0' as Cases

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

While IterNo() <= (Today()-MakeDate(2012,6,20));

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't understand what's the exact problem about your graph. Although I think sum(Cases) as expression is correct for what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Here's what I would want/expect it to look like.  Does that help?  If not, what other information would help to explain the issue?

Goal.png

Not applicable
Author

Well, I really don't get you problem but I'll enclose an example of what I'm guessing that you want to achieve.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  That helped me to figure out what I was doing wrong.  It's not that 0 values weren't plotting.  It's that the values were completely null.  Example of data I was loading:

Date
Cases
CaseType
1/1/20132A
1/1/20131B
2/1/20134B
3/1/20132A
3/1/20135B
4/1/20132A
5/1/20134A

I changed my LOAD script to include a statement to add a value for every Date for every CaseType of 0 so that when I called on a CaseType for a date, there was always some kind of value, a number or 0.

For anyone with a similar issue, here's the code I used.  (My data begins on 20/6/2012 and ends the day before the LOAD statement runs.)

LOAD Date((MakeDate(2012,6,19) + IterNo())) as Date,

CaseType,

'0' as Cases

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

While IterNo() <= (Today()-MakeDate(2012,6,20));