Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Show first object in the Container while opening.

Hi guys,

How to show them the first objects in the container when they open the application in qv accesspoint. by default it will save our last login selections . my client always want to see the first object in container to be selected while opening.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Triggers-> On Open->Add Action

sunny_talwar

I doubt Triggers can control container objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me check Sunny..

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

I  faced similar problem at some point and unfortunately - wasn't able to sort this out - tried few options, involving triggers and variables, but nothing seem to work... At the end of the day what we suggested was to split the container into 2 (or as many as you like) objects, both with Auto Minimize feature on - so the required chart was always displayed first and user were double-clicking on the object he/she wanted to see. If anyone has any better suggestion - it would be really great. From my perspective - I wasn't able to find the solution.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

We do not have any control over the container, while saving the document if you save by setting first chart in container then it will display accordingly.

If this is not working, then remove container and use buttons to look like container and display the first chart as per your requirement.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sunindia       

Yes Sunny, we don't have option to control container objects.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Seems, Button option is better solution.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Amith,

Can you attach the sample file for the same.

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It works the same way for any dashboard. the only solution i found is to click on "remove last document state". I have to make clients to make it a habbit to use it like that.