Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show/hide Value Data Points in the chart based on a button

Goal:

Show/hide Value Data Points in the chart based on a button

Problem:

I don't know how to do it so I gonna need som help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Akirajit

Actually if you expand the expression list there is an option to enter an expression under the heading "Show Value".

Start by expanding the expression you are working with (as per screen shot) and click on the box marked "show value"

expression show value.png

In the definition, enter an expression that evaluates to 1 to show the values and 0 to remove them. This can be a reference to a variable that is set by clicking a button.

One warning though: you need "values on data points" unchecked. If it becomes checked it overrides the expression.

Regards,

Erica

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You can have two charts: one that shows the values on data points and another that does not.  Overlay them, and use a variable in the Show/Hide condition (on the layout tab) for each chart.  Have the button set the variable to the appropriate value for which chart should show.  I'm not sure if there is a way to check or uncheck the box by using a macro, but I'm thinking there isn't...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Akirajit

Actually if you expand the expression list there is an option to enter an expression under the heading "Show Value".

Start by expanding the expression you are working with (as per screen shot) and click on the box marked "show value"

expression show value.png

In the definition, enter an expression that evaluates to 1 to show the values and 0 to remove them. This can be a reference to a variable that is set by clicking a button.

One warning though: you need "values on data points" unchecked. If it becomes checked it overrides the expression.

Regards,

Erica

Not applicable
Author

if i use show value option..

the format of the expression is changed

Not applicable
Author

What happens to the format Raja?