Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show trend line in scatter plot

Hello,

I have a scatter plot chart representing the number of customers by service type. The x-axis is the actual number of customers remaining from an original start group and the y-axis is the percentage of that same number. I also have a date slider representing the duration of time for which we would like to monitor these customers. As the duration slider is moved forward the bubbles on the scatter plot move closer to zero representing the number of customers who have dropped their account. I have already tried solving this by creating a fourth expression to set the first expresion (that of the x-axis) equal to the second (that of the y-axis) to show a trendline but because I have many different types of services displayed, and there are multiple bubbles, I feel that maybe it is summing or averaging the numbers from all of the different services as opposed to creating a trendline for each different bubble.

QVScatterPlot.png

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it is a possibility to display a line showing the bubble's path in the scatter plot as it moves with time.

I.E. I know I can use the slider to see the bubble in a specific point of time, but is there a way to show a line that shows the history of the bubble's movement?

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If you use two dimensions instead of one, the scatter chart will tie points together with lines.  Beyond saying that, though, I'm unclear what you're up to and how it would apply to your particular chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding John. I tried using the two dimensions like you said, but that just connects all of my different colored bubbles together. What I want it to do is something like this:

QVScatterPlot.png

Where after I have adjusted the selection for the duration slider, the graph shows the movement of each respective bubble's location but it does not erase where it was located before, and there is a trend line between the history of where the bubble started at 100% and where it is currently located after 7 months (or whichever duration selected) for each individual bubble. 

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, here's something that may be similar.  It's tracking the movement of vehicles using GPS, and shows the selected number of most recent positions it tracked.  The most recent position is highlighted with a larger bubble, and lines connect the points for the vehicle together in order so you can see roughly the path it took.  I might have missed something important in what you're asking for, but visually, it looks pretty close to what you're showing as what you want.  I'm not remembering or seeing any tricks for getting the lines other than having two appropriate dimensions.