Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandu441
Creator
Creator

Showing Image and Text in Text Object

Hi to all,

This is chandu,

Problem1:

Here i want to ask is there any solution to show the Image and Text in the Text Object.

In the 2nd Image you will find the example with red color marked. So as per that I create my own requirement with Image 1.

Problem2:

Facing problem when I'm trying to showcase my own image Performance Icon in Pivot Table but it is not visible to me.

Here are the steps i follow:

1. Adding a 2nd Expression by changing the "Display Options" -----> "Representation" dropdown  I've changed it into "Image".

2. In Definition Script ----> clicked on 4th tab "Images"

3. By clicking on "Image Folder" i didn't get "ImageName/" field to select. It is showing only "CountryID\"

Here I m going to share my qvw & data with my question. So, please give us best solution asap.

8 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The image is visible, but is too big to be displayed in the cell. Increase the row height and/or set the image formatting for that expression to Fill.

Another option is to load your own images and control the size with the following statement

Image_size

This clause is used with the Info prefix to resize images from a database management system to fit in the fields. Width and height are specified in pixels.

Example:

Info Image_size(122,122)Select ID, Photo From infotable;

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I have to think about the other problems but for #1 you could create an image with embedded text.  Wouldn't that solve the first issue?

chandu441
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry i m not asking about imaze size in the question.

1. How to show the image and text in one text object.

2.  while I'm trying to create my own image in performance Icon it is not showing the ImageName/ field in the Expression tabs.

chandu441
Creator
Creator
Author

it would be help but tell me how to do that please

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Maybe I am oversimplifying this but use a program or your choice like Paint, PaintShop, Photoshop and create small images with text in the image.  Very easy to do then you end up with 1 image file with the picture and text. 

chandu441
Creator
Creator
Author

Mr. Daniel,

The Text has to change dynamically when we are doing selections as per the dynamic data so let me suggest if any possibilities are having to insert image & dynamically keep changing text in text object.

In advance Thanks for your support

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The only thing I can think of is if there is a limited number of combinations of images + text make one for all of them.  Much the way a counter on a website works if not plain text.  They have an image for 0, and image for 1, and image for 2....  Or you will have to separate the image and the text.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III