Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Single bar at the end of the bar chart

Hello everyone,

I have a field (Budget) in which the data for all months is the same and another field (Actual) which has different data for different months. So is it possible to plot a bar graph which shows just one bar (instead of displaying one bar for each month) at the end for this field, Budget and to display Actual values for all months as shown in the attached picture?

Second question: Is it possible to have a single bar at the end in the same graph which sums up all actual values and subtracts that by the Budget and displays the subtracted value in the bar so that I get to see the total amount remaining in the budget, as shown in the picture?

Or is there a better way of displaying this info in a graph?

Any help on this?

Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Yeah get on, there is always a way!

Just use this in the enable expression dialogue, changing the month where you need to

=wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(Month),'*Mar*')

See attached

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III

I think you are looking for waterfall chart.

How to create Water Fall Charts

hope it helps

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Please see the attached for a couple of ways of doing this.

The top one is dynamic, the bottom one you need a formula for each month, I prefer the bottom one for sure

Capture.PNG

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for sharing about waterfall chart. I tried this method, but some how i am not able to create one. I will definitely try this later and understand how it works.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the second method and yes, even i agree that this is a good option. But, as there is no dimension in the graph, i will not be able to see the graph with respect to few months when i make selections in the month list box right? Is there a way where I can implement even this?

Thank you.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Yeah get on, there is always a way!

Just use this in the enable expression dialogue, changing the month where you need to

=wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(Month),'*Mar*')

See attached

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much!

That worked perfectly!