Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Six Sigma+Qlikview=?

Hi, lokking for someone who has utilised Qlikview for Six Sigma process improvement initiatives (Measure and Improve). I´m interested in how Qlikview can be utilised and improve SS work? Thankful for input and/or ideas... // Johan (Black Belt)

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan.

I am not qualified or have much experience of LEAN methodologies, as I imagine that is the bulk of what you are after, but I am a statistician and share a lot of the methodologies used in six sigma.

What sort of thing do you have in mind? You can easily use qlikview to calculate the "six-sigma" limits that you need to overlay on charts. For example I have created a funnel plot using a "combination chart" of scatter plots and 2sd  /3 sd lines created using a function. Better still, because it's Qlikview the users could create a unique funnel plot for any combination of selections.

The margins of error lines were really easy to create, as there are plenty of statistical functions available to you.

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erica,

Thanks. I´m just a recent user of Qlikview and started to see the potential, but I need a boost still to be able to see what I can create in Qlikview.

The above was helpul. Is there any way you could help me further, i.e explain how I get there? (Funnel chart, margin of error etc?)

Also: Do you know if it could be possible to creatate a normal distribution chart?

I´m looking for measuring delivery performance of suppliers, (but also some other processes) that would be nice to visualise like that.

/

Johan

Not applicable
Author