Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider Object

Hello Community,

i attached a QV-File with a Slider Object.

This Slider Object contains different dates.

is it possible that the slider button shows the  actual date? so i want that the slider button should show the value of today 24.04.2012. if i open it tomorrow, it should show 25.04.2012.

thank you for your help!

regards, aylin

8 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here you go - see attached.  I have added an OnOpen trigger (Settings > Document Properties > Triggers) to set the Date field to be Today()

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jason,

thanks, but if i open the document, i can't see the slider button that shows the actual date??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Hope the attahced file have the solution for your problem.

check in

Settings > Document Properties > Triggers--->On Open

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ashok,

thanks for your answer. But this only the half solution

my listobx contains now this values:

LOAD

* INLINE [
Date
01/01/2012
01/02/2012
01/03/2012
01/05/2012
01/06/2012
01/07/2012
01/08/2012
01/09/2012
01/10/2012

]
;

If i open the document now, the date of today won't be shown with the slider button. is it possible when i open the document that the slider shows the date of today ? because my inline table shows different date from the past to the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

In your inline date field dont have the today date.

Then how can you select the today date from that inline date field in document On Open.

If you have today date in your date field slider it wil select the today date on document Open or less it wont

select anything from the slider

Regards

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As Ashok says, if today's date is not in your list of dates then it can't be selected!  You could try generating a range of dates between a max and min in the script.  See attached.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thank you both for your Answers.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If your original question has been asnwered then please mark an answer so others can see.  If not, then let us know how we can help you further.

Cheers,

Jason