Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Slider not working when data is fetched from field

Hi All,

I have a requirement to use Slider.

Slider Object should show  dates in format of Fiscal Quarter- Fiscal Year  that is in script as field ([Transaction FY Quarter])  & in Current selections as well the date format should be visible as Fiscal Quarter- Fiscal Year .

Ex: Q1-2014,Q2-2014,Q3-2014,Q4-2014.

Fiscal Year -2014 (in script the field as [Transaction Date Range]) starts from Sept-2013 to Aug 2014 and Fiscal Q1- 2014 (in script the field as [Transaction Quarter]) is Sept to Nov 2013.

I have used both Common Calendar & Master Calendar scripts.

The Slider object is not working, if I fetch ([Transaction FY Quarter]) field from script level,

For ex: I select data in Slider ranging from Q2-2014 to Q3-2016 and later in filter field [Transaction Date Range] select 2015, the slider doesn't  update to Q1-2015 to Q4-2015.

The same Slider object is working if instead of fetching the field/Data ([Transaction FY Quarter) , fetch  it as Expression('Q'& [Transaction Quarter] & '-' & [Transaction Date Range]).

But the problem with fetching data in slider with expression is that, in the current selections for Slider object with expression, I am not able to show Fiscal Quarter- Fiscal Year ('Q'& [Transaction Quarter] & '-' & [Transaction Date Range])  format using slider with data from expression.

The version of QlikView I am using is QlikView November 2017 SR9.

Can anyone help me here please?. QVW is attached.

Thanks in Advance!! Help is appreciated.

Regards,

Heena

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Victor_Alumanah
Creator
Creator

Can you change the Expression to [Fiscal FY Quarter],?

While we teach we learn
Victor_Alumanah
Creator
Creator

I think you need to review the script behind Fiscal FY Quarter.

Calendar.PNG

While we teach we learn