Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in Cyclic Groups within dimensions

Hi,

I have a problem with the sorting of cyclic groups within dimensions tab.

Problem:
I am not able to get the correct sorting Order for the cases, because I am using a cyclic group "Release Group" within the dimensions tab.
How can I get the sorting order in a correct form? Sorting numerically descending.
I hope somebody could help me! Please use the sample .qvw for solutions.
Thanks,
Kind regards,
Herbert

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Herbert,

How would you like them sorted?

Alphabetically / Numerically?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Sorry I have forgotten to say this, I want it to sort it numerically in descending order. Regards, Herbert
prieper
Master II
Master II

You should change the sorting to "Y"-value.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

I have tried it before, normally it works with sorting by "Y" - value, but not when I use cyclic groups and I must use this cyclic groups in my real application.

Please use my sample .qvw for trying to sort it correctly.

Thanks for helping me.

Regards,

Herbert

prieper
Master II
Master II

"Case" is the first dimension in your table and the sorting can follow only the first dimension

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, and I also want to sort the field case but numerically, so the case with the highest sum should be Case Three 2893, second ==> Case Two 2627 and so on.

I think I must use the formular sorting but I don't know which formular I should use.

Regards,

Herbert

prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that the "problem" is the cyclic group, which is probably considered by QV as kind of calculated dimensions, for which espressively the sort-functionality does not work.
What if you would work with kind of variable and do the determination, which Release to be shown, in an expression?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I think Peter you are right, I can see no possibility to sort it in comparison to which field of the cyclic group is currently used.

To your sugestion, have you got an example .qvw for me in which I can get a solution for my problem with the help of variables, I don't know how I can realize this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Herbert

prieper
Master II
Master II

Had added the below in an edit of my post - but probably crossed.

HTH
Peter