Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting problem in Straight Table

Hi Community!

My client wants to have a Pareto (80/20) analysis in its application, marking with different background color the clients that make up 80% of its sales.

WhenI use Full Accumulation functionality with Visual Cues, I am not able to get the right result since I cannot mark the last client if it sums up more than 80% (example "Rank - Native QlickView Functions" attached) but the sorting in the application works fine.

I do have a problem when I deploy the application in the server because when I open it in the browser, it always sorts by Client Alphabetically.

On the other hand, when I calculate the Full Accumulation function "manually" using the Above function, I can mark the clients correctly but the sort does not work at all, not even in my laptop using a local version.

I found this post in this community:

http://community.qlik.com/message/315558#315558

That states that "Sorting of expression columns is disabled if you use rowno() or other inter-chart functions anywhere in the chart.". So my question is how can I fullfill customer requirement?

I attach a .qvw with both examples.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Rui Correia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Rui,

Sort by Expression may do this job. Let try it by Righ click on chart -> Properties -> Sort tab -> Select Client -> Check only Expression and leave other blank -> Use Rank(Sales) in expression box.

See sample attached file.

Regards,

Sokkorn

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Rui,

Sort by Expression may do this job. Let try it by Righ click on chart -> Properties -> Sort tab -> Select Client -> Check only Expression and leave other blank -> Use Rank(Sales) in expression box.

See sample attached file.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Worked like a charm!

Deeply appreciated.

Best,

Rui