Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stack color change with set analysis

Hi Community,

There is a dashboard related to Actual and Plan figures for different Year and Month. I would like the Stack bars of plan figures to show in transparent color. I can do this when I am not selecting any Months. However, due to the set analysis in the expression, the graph can not show my desired result when I choose any one of the month from the list box. When I choose any one of the month, only the month I choose would change to transparent, and other will remain the same color as the Actual stack bars. Please download the provided qvw and have a look of my problem. Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try =if(only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Scenario)=v1,rgb(253,167,157), rgb(252,115,98))

The rationale is that your chart expressions use set analysis to overrule user selections. Your color expressions did not. By changing those to set analysis expressions as well they too will ignore those user selections.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try these color expressions:

A:

=if((only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Scenario)=v1

and only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Year)=2015)

or (only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Scenario)=v1

and only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Year)=2016), rgb(185,191,238), rgb(122,135,222))

B:

=if(only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>Scenario)=v1,rgb(253,167,157), rgb(252,115,98))

Do these give the result you're after?

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

may be this help you....

go to colors tab.. click on color ... select the two colors Gradient option in the color area...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I have tried both expression. The expression for A works, but the expression for B doesn't.

Can you briefly explain the rationale behind?

Maverick

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot nagireddy, but it is not my desired result. I would like the user to spot the difference of Actual and Plan figures by transparent color / different colors.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try =if(only({$<BU = {'A'},Scenario={'$(v1)','Actual'},Month=>}Scenario)=v1,rgb(253,167,157), rgb(252,115,98))

The rationale is that your chart expressions use set analysis to overrule user selections. Your color expressions did not. By changing those to set analysis expressions as well they too will ignore those user selections.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert!