Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart

I am having trouble with displaying my bar chart at 100%. I was able to accomplish this in esxcell but i can't get it to work in QV.

Dimension:

• Product Name

Measure:

• % of Total (=SUM({<month_offset={[>=-1<0]}>}price)/100000
  • %of Last 3 Month (=SUM({<month_offset={[>=-1<0]}>}price)+SUM({<month_offset={[>=-2<0]}>}price)+SUM({<month_offset={[>=-3<0]}>}price)/1000000

Please help!

12-2-2014 12-46-13 PM.png

12-2-2014 12-52-50 PM.png12-2-2014 12-54-23 PM.png

5 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Click on Relative check box from Expression table.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

I am almost there.Here is what my chart looks like now

12-2-2014 1-09-21 PM.png

And i am looking to do something like this:

12-2-2014 12-46-13 PM.png

Not applicable
Author

Any suggestions on this one?

Not applicable
Author

I think it has to do with dimensions. Now, your expressions are presented per dimension. For each dimension, there is a Last(?) and Total expression. I can imagine that you can achieve the excel layout by using a dimension that contains all your previous dimension units.

Did it help? With a sample qvw I could give you a  better answer.

Best,

T

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhenya,

I think what you need here is a handy thing called ValueList(). This allows you to create a synthetic dimension which you can then use to define two different expressions on the same axis. Here is my example built using ValueList().Stacked ValueList Example.png

More info on ValueList can be seen at: ValueList() – For those tricky situations

As we are creating a synthetic dimension the "Relative" tickbox won't quite work right so you will need to use a bit of set analysis to define the total sales to compare against and give you a nice percentage. The dimensions and expression I used are:

Dimensions: =ValueList('Last 3', 'All'); CategoryName

Expression: =If(ValueList('Last 3','All')='Last 3',Sum({<Month={'Dec'}>}Sales)/Sum(TOTAL {<Month={'Dec'}>} Sales),Sum(Sales)/Sum(TOTAL Sales))

I have attached my example app so you can see what I have done and have a play with it. You will need to tweak it to your own fields but this should be fairly simple.

Hope that helps.

Adam