Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III

Stacked Bar with Rolling Totals

Hi community,

I am trying to get a stacked bar chart to show each of the values of the dimension I've called "section" for each day.  If there is not a line item for a section, it is currently being skipped altogether in the bar chart.  This is no good, because I want a rolling total.  (Actually, I'd eventually like a rolling average, say an average of the last 2 days for each section)

My inline is

Table:

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, Date, Section, Quantity

ID1, 8/1/2012, 1, 11

ID2, 8/1/2012, 2, 21

ID3, 8/1/2012, 3, 31

ID4, 8/2/2012, 1, 12

ID5, 8/2/2012, 2, 22

ID6, 8/3/2012, 2, 23

ID7, 8/3/2012, 3, 33

];

When I make a stacked bar chart, I want each Section to show for each day since it is a rolling total / average.  You'll see in my example that on the second day, section 3 is left out altogether and on the third day section 1 is left out.

Is this clear? Can anyone help provide a solution? I don't want to have to create "fake line items" where I have an ID with a quantity of 0 added to my data for each section for each day.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Not applicable

Are you referring to the legend or the graph itself? In the stacked graph, it won't matter whether it is null or zero, it still won't show up in the stack.

scotthan
Author

I'm referring to the graph content not the legend.

Since there was Quantity on the first day for all three sections, and since I am looking for a rolling total, I want to show all sections even if there is not a line item for that day/section combo.