Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked bar chart combined with line chart

Hi there,

Thanks to the gurus out there taking the time to answer questions from noobs like me! I have another one...

I have a stacked bar chart, which has two dimensions (the first is month, which forms the x axis, the second is colour, which seperates the bars into segments forming a stacked bar). The expression is a count (y axis). This looks like:

error loading image

What I want to do is overlay a line graph onto this chart, showing a target. So my chart type is combo chart, and I add a second expression (targets for each month and colour). But what happens is the target line now gets stacked instead of the bar, i.e. the line graph has multiple data points above each month:

error loading image

and the bar only shows the first segment. I need to get the dimension to stop stacking my target expression (I want the target line to group into one point above each month), and stack the count expression instead so I get my stacked bar back. I have tried promoting / demoting expressions and dimensions and grouping expressions with no luck.

If anybody has any pointers as to what I can do I'd be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe you can post your application because .

Try this :

One dimension : Month

3 expressions

- count( if( var = 1 , id) ) with a bar representation

- count( if( var = 2 , id) ) with a bar representation

- sum( target) with a line representation on the left axis (go to axis , check position = left for this expression)

regards

JJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe you can post your application because .

Try this :

One dimension : Month

3 expressions

- count( if( var = 1 , id) ) with a bar representation

- count( if( var = 2 , id) ) with a bar representation

- sum( target) with a line representation on the left axis (go to axis , check position = left for this expression)

regards

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Yes that helped a lot! I didn't think to split the different bar segments into seperate expressions (e.g. one for red, one for blue etc) - once I did it all fell into place.

Thanks!