Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III

Standard deviation with aggregate set analysis

Hi All,

I am trying to apply set analysis to a standard deviation equation which uses an aggregate function.  I am having real difficulty getting this to work correctly and would greatly appreciate and assistance or guidance.

The equation that I am using is

Stdev(aggr(sum({<PODGroup4Description = {'AandE'}, MonthKey = {'<=$(vMonthPosition)'}>}ActivityActual), MonthKey, ActivityActual))

The variable $(vMonthPosition) = 13  but will be calculated within the application to allow it to be dynamic.

This equation gives me a figure of 262 for the standard deviation instead of the 108 I am expecting.

Looking at the comments about the aggregate function I need to apply the set analysis within the outside of the aggregate but when I do this it errors and gives me nothing.

Does anyone have an idea as to where I am going wrong with this or what I might be able to do to fix it.

Kind Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're doing two completely different aggregations. One over only MonthYear and the other over MonthYear and ActivityActual. If you aggregate both over MonthYear and ActivityActual or over MonthKey and ActivityActual or over only MonthKey or only over MonthYear then you'll get the same results.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're doing two completely different aggregations. One over only MonthYear and the other over MonthYear and ActivityActual. If you aggregate both over MonthYear and ActivityActual or over MonthKey and ActivityActual or over only MonthKey or only over MonthYear then you'll get the same results.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

I think you should use a mastercalendar! then its really easy to filter the daterange.

See attached sample qvw.

hope this helps!

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's fix it.

Thank you very much.