Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrou38
Creator
Creator

Static expression

Hello,

I need to have a static expression, mean not depending to any filters selected.

In my example attached, the chart not change if no weeks selected or I flast week (46) is selected. this is a good behavior, but If I select an other week the chart becomes blank and my target is that I would like to show always the last week (week 46 in my example).

I hope that I was enough clear.

thank you in advance for your help.

regards,

Patrick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use {1} as rge base set in a set expression. This ignores all selections. Like this:

=Sum({1} Amount)               // ignore all selections

or

=Sum({1<Week = {"$(=Max(Week))"}>} Amount)  // last week or last selected week

or

=Sum({1<Week = {"$(=Max({1} Week))"}>} Amount)  // last week

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use {1} as rge base set in a set expression. This ignores all selections. Like this:

=Sum({1} Amount)               // ignore all selections

or

=Sum({1<Week = {"$(=Max(Week))"}>} Amount)  // last week or last selected week

or

=Sum({1<Week = {"$(=Max({1} Week))"}>} Amount)  // last week

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
patrou38
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you for your quick answer.

patrou38
Creator
Creator
Author

One more question, it's works as it is ( =count({1<Week={$(vPreviousWeek)}>}Lot) ) with one or more static 'field'.

but if I would like to have 1 static field (without any action in the amount), like Week in this example but other filters potentially selected able to modified the result of the expression.

I don't know if I'm clear... in my example the Week is frozen, but I want that if I select a Site, the amount must be impacted.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am a little confused

original post >> mean not depending to any filters selected

and

now >> the amount must be impacted

So which is it? {1<...>} will override the other selections as you requested in your original post. Or if you want to respect selections use {$<...>}. If you want to ignore slections in all fields except one or two, then use

{1<Field1 = $::Field1, ....>}

patrou38
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Jonathan ,

Sorry to make you confused.

You're right, my request evoluted. now in the same expression, I would like to freeze 1 field (Week in my example) but I want the chart potentially modified when the user select 1 site or 1 people (see my attached example )

Expression used in the chart are:

= count({1<Week={$(vMaxWeek)}>}Lot)

=sum({1<Week={$(vMaxWeek)}>}NotFoundInEDA)

Capture.JPG

Thank you in advance.

regards

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just remove the 1 from the set expressions so that all other fields respond to user selections in the normal way.

If that is not what you after, I suggest that you start a new thread.