Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Storing results of formulas into qvd files

Hi,

I don't know if this can be done at all: I would like to store the most important figures calculated in a document into qvd files (just one result per day) so I can build a new management-superstructure loading those qvd files and just displaying them in a gauge or something.

Can I write such a command into the script? If so, what do I have to keep in mind doing that? The first time I tried, I typed like

>>  STORE sum(Actual - Goal) into QVD\Res_shipped.qvd;  <<

QlikView did recognize the fieldnames (they went reddish), but then it said "FROM wrong" - but I was not building a LOAD statement? I don't think I can reference the formula names, QlikView never seems to recognize those?

Can anyone lend me a hand here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The store command can only store fields from tables or entire tables in qvds. So you need to add the results to a table first with a load statement and then store the table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The store command can only store fields from tables or entire tables in qvds. So you need to add the results to a table first with a load statement and then store the table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vikasmahajan

How this can store in Qlikview you need to store actual and goal as different fields and after loading data you need perform calculations in qvw.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi F,

You need to store a table in the QVD file, not a formula. You need to do something like this:

yourTable:

Load

sum(Actual - Goal) as yourField

Resident anotherTable;

STORE yourTable into YourQVDFile.qvd (qvd);

I hope this helps.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

yes, this helps. So I will add a LOAD statement and load the result of a formula as a field. Then I actually need two fields to make up my "table" that I can store into a qvd: A date and a calculated value.

That will get me started.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please mark the asnwers as correct or helpful.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

is there a difference between variables defined in the script and variables defined via the variable_overview_window?

I am trying to build a LOAD statement in a RESIDENT LOAD from the main table, but only containing one "field", that is a variable

What I am currently trying is

Erg_Schaeden:

LOAD

(Ziel_Jahr - sum(Schaeden)) / (round(YearEnd(TODAY()) - TODAY())) as Tagesgrenze_Zuk

RESIDENT Schadensfaelle;

I keep getting an error "Invalid expression".

Is there something I cannot do in the script?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler