Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table based on possible values of a field

Hi,

I have just started using Qlikview and have a question . I have a straight table chart based on salesorders with an sum of salesamount per customer.

I also have a seperated field named products with no connection to salesorders field.

I want to to show the only barcodes selected in Products field. Maybe it possible  with conditional expression or modifing expression but haven't find the right solution yet .

Anyone who can show the way ? Thanks.

Ps:I can't link fields since it causes a circular reference in datamodel .

Products:

Barcode

Product Name

SalesOrders:

Barcode

Customer

Amount

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I still believe you should somehow create the relation in the data model. Maybe it's time to resolve the circular loop?

Circular References

If you don't want to do this, maybe you can do it similar to what is demonstrated here for a value lookup:

Combining povit columns and comparing data in povit

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

You are right, proper way to do solve this problem is by modifiying data model, so I have turned the data model to a Star schema by adding some dims to facts table and it works now .

Thanks for showing the way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omer,

We still connect between two tables which has no connection between them. May be you can solve this using Data islands .

Please go through the below:

Data Islands and Set Analysis