Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Support <url> in table box

Has anyone found a way to do a <url> in a table box? Not a chart table or a chart pivot table but a table box.

25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Exactly.

You need only one dimension column that identifies the rows, and could be hidden,and all the other columns are expressions.

terrykavouras
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, that's true and that's the work around I tried.  However, if users select a value in one of the expression columns then that value can't be cleared or de-selected easily because they are not actually selecting the value from the expression but rather the combination of dimensions associated with that particular value.   

terrykavouras
Contributor III
Contributor III

A solution to this, I think, is to put the straight table (with its 60 dimensions and 4500 pixels width) into a container object.  The container will allow me to control the width and provide a scroll bar for the whole object. 

terrykavouras
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well, a container object didn't work either.  I'm back to the poor work around of using expressions in a straight table. 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Terry,

I feel your pain around the selection issue.  That, and lack of dropdowns, are the downside of the Expression workaround.

-Rob

terrykavouras
Contributor III
Contributor III

Solution:

I made a straight table with the 58 dimensions and six expressions. As mentioned elsewhere, the scroll bar only works for the expression columns.  The width of my table, therefore is about 5,000 pixels wide and can't be reduced.  Much too big for my standard 1600x900 design window.  To solve this, I created a container object and put the straight table into it.  While in the QlikView design client, the container object also has a very limited scroll bar; it doesn't scroll enough to allow a user to see the entire table.  However, when I publish the app, when the user is interacting with it in an Ajax (browser) environment, the scroll bar of the container does work properly.  It allows the user to scroll the entire width of my large straight table.