cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Supress leading zero/null values in bar chart

Hi

I am trying to create a bar chart with a monthly view. My table has dates, values and categories. I want to suppress leading zero/null values but keep zeros in between the first non zero value and last in bar chart. For example, if a person selects two categories, one that has values for Jan, Feb, and March 2015, and the other that has values from Aug, Sep Oct 2015, I want to show all months from Jan to Oct 2015.

I created a Date table for all dates, but the issue is the table has all dates from Jan 2000. If I do show all values, it shows me all dates, if i do suppress at null, it removes the middle dates.  Is there a way to keep the middle dates and remove the dates before the earliest date in the selected categories, and the last date in the selected categories?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is this not what you want?

No selections:

2016-06-17 20_11_00-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_temp (2).qvw_].png

Feb to August selected:

2016-06-17 20_11_16-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_temp (2).qvw_].png

Notice Apr and Jun are shown, but show no bars.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you can do it using set analysis, using something like

=Sum(Value)+Sum({<Date = {">=$(=Min(Date))<=$(=Max(Date))"},Category>}0)

2016-06-15 23_48_45-4918151_Immorendite_09_15_Feldberg  [Kompatibilitätsmodus] - Excel.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehi

I was able to recreate my issue as a temp qvw file (attached). The problem is I am putting the Category as a second dimension because i want to show it as separate bars. When its not in the dimension, your way works. Is there a way to add the category in the dimension and still have the same results?

Thanks!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is this not what you want?

No selections:

2016-06-17 20_11_00-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_temp (2).qvw_].png

Feb to August selected:

2016-06-17 20_11_16-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_temp (2).qvw_].png

Notice Apr and Jun are shown, but show no bars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, this is what i was looking for. Is there a way to hide the null in the legend. when i select Suppress When Value is Null for Category, it hides the dates. And when i select one category, it still shows two other categories in the legend.