Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twanqlik
Creator
Creator

Table box shows more values than Straight table?

I've uploaded a sample set with 3 records from the same customer, the only difference between the 3 records is the house number and the address type.

The table box shows the 3 records with the house number and the address type.

The straight table shows 1 record with no value (- value) for the house number and the address type.

How can i show all the 3 records in the straight table? Now it looks for the user that this customer doesn't have a 'house number' and an 'address type' in the database.

Test.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

When you have a table it shows the records of your loaded data.

When you have a straight table you have

. Dimensions (it´s supposed to have one for each combination of your dimensions)

. Expressions (you´re supposed to have expressions here, not only fields).

Expressions means that you have a function (Sum, Concat, count, etc)

Into your example, put "Address Type" as Dimension too, it will show what you want

Capturar.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

When you have a table it shows the records of your loaded data.

When you have a straight table you have

. Dimensions (it´s supposed to have one for each combination of your dimensions)

. Expressions (you´re supposed to have expressions here, not only fields).

Expressions means that you have a function (Sum, Concat, count, etc)

Into your example, put "Address Type" as Dimension too, it will show what you want

Capturar.PNG

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Clever that indeed works!

Suppose at this moment i don't have any expressions like a Sum, Concat, count etc, whould you then suggest to work with a Table box, or still with a straight table?

Suppose i continue with the straight table which fields should i define as a dimension and which as an expression? I assume i need to have at least one expression to show any data.

avinashelite

For your info Table box doesn't have the option to add the expression ..it will be just the plain representation of your data and could not format anything

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It depends what you need, if you need a plain representation of your data (no calculations at all) go with table.

Any other case, go with straight table