Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text Format a dimension in a Pivot Table

Hi All,

I see from other posts that you can format a dimension in a Pivot Table to make it bold using <B>.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the text format to '#,##0.00' or '£#,##0.00' etc.

Help much appreciated.

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mike,

If you are talking about dimensions, you need to format them on the Dimensions tab or in the load statement.

But I'm guessing you are talking about expressions, then you can check your expressions format in the "Number" tab in the chart properties, selecting, for example, "Money" which will display currency and two decimals.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mike,

If you are talking about dimensions, you need to format them on the Dimensions tab or in the load statement.

But I'm guessing you are talking about expressions, then you can check your expressions format in the "Number" tab in the chart properties, selecting, for example, "Money" which will display currency and two decimals.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am asking about formatting under 'Text Format' tab in Used Dimensions.

My question is what expression would I enter to format the values. E.g. I would enter ='<B>' to make the data bold but I am after an expression to make the format pattern "Money" £#,##0.00 as you would for an expression under number.

Thanks

Mike

Not applicable
Author

hi,
edit the dimension...try with the expression.... num(dimension name, '£#,##0.00')

🙂

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mike,

As far as I know, the only valid values for "Text Format" are B, K, S, U, even as a result of an expression. That's actually why the Number tab exists. Note that you can change the format pattern in the properties, so, for example, you might use two different currency signs for two different expressions.

So you may use Fabio's suggestion, adding a calculated dimension or create a new field already formatted for your values to be displayed properly in the chart.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks both - really useful. I have used the following line in my dimension.

=money(TariffCharged,'£#,##0', '.' , ',' )

Mike