Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text object margin at top

Good morning all,

Has anyone worked out how to increase the margin at the top of a text object? I can increase the margin on all sides, but have not discovered how to increase just the top margin.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For a quick top margin solution. Go into properties, place the cursor before the written text (in this case 'sdfsdfs') and press enter.

TextBox,Top Margin.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess that is not possible. But you can try with an alternative, insert a line/arrow object and place it on top of the text object. Now you can individually change that line object properties which would look like top border of the text object.

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

One very basic solutions is.

pic.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

For a quick top margin solution. Go into properties, place the cursor before the written text (in this case 'sdfsdfs') and press enter.

TextBox,Top Margin.png

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Simon,

Have you tried using CHR(10)?

Add the below to a text object, you will see if you add more CHR(10), the text will move down the text object

mar.png

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sorry if I made it complicated in a simple solution. Both enter and chr(10) works fine

I often works with transparent objects and layer when I want to place the text on a specific place and have different alignments. 

pic.JPG.jpg