Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The result of a scenario may be the input of another.

Good morningon this occasion I want to ask the next, can be done in QV that the result of a scenario can be the input of another, by ejemplor, I have a table on a sheet of QV showing records result of several filters he has applied to the fact table. I get these records in this table can be used as filters to another fact table? Initially I think that one can not but I'm not entirely sure.

I might get help with this question?

Thank you very much to all.

Best regards

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Selections apply to the whole document. So the same selections will also result in the same set of records in another table. What you then do with those records with chart expressions in your new table is up to you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, Gysbert Wassenaar, I am aware that the filters will affect the entire document QV, what I wanted to know was whether it could be used, for example, the result of a simple table (all the resulting records after applying the filters corresponding) on another table in fact, that is, use that result as filters on other records.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use the rendered results from one object as input in another object. You will need to reuse the dimensions and expressions that created the result in the other chart too.

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert Wassenaar, a question you believe that you can build a module into Javascript do what you you've said?

Thank you very much

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I know I can't do that.

Why do you think something needs to be done in javascript? The dimensions already exist in your document and so do the expressions. Copy/paste. I don't see what javascript has to do with that.