Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Time Line Chart questions

Hi All,

I have a quick question: how to create a time line chart in Qlikview.

I have 2 column : Phone and Released date

iphone , 2/2/2010

droid , 2/10/2010

etc, 11/2/2011

I need to show the time line with the date on the X axis and the phone name  shown on the chart  and not shown as legend.

It similar to the time line project.

Regards,

Senjaya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

What I would suggest is that you add a counter to each row of that dataset - you will also need to ensure your dates are formatted correctly.  This inline statement should give an idea:

TimeLine:

LOAD

1 as PhoneCount,

Phone,

date(date#(Date, 'DD MMM YYYY'), 'DD MMM YYYY') as Date

INLINE [

Phone,Date

iPhone,1 Jan 2011

Android,24 Mar 2011

];

With the data in this format you can create a combo chart.  Set the Date as the dimension for the chart.  Set the first Expression to be sum(PhoneCount) and select that to be a symbol.  Put a second Expression in simply of Phone - set this to be Values On Data Points.  You will also want to check that you have a Continuous axis.

This should give you something to start with, I would sugest you want to also want to play about with the formatting.  The attached .qvw file should give some ideas.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

What I would suggest is that you add a counter to each row of that dataset - you will also need to ensure your dates are formatted correctly.  This inline statement should give an idea:

TimeLine:

LOAD

1 as PhoneCount,

Phone,

date(date#(Date, 'DD MMM YYYY'), 'DD MMM YYYY') as Date

INLINE [

Phone,Date

iPhone,1 Jan 2011

Android,24 Mar 2011

];

With the data in this format you can create a combo chart.  Set the Date as the dimension for the chart.  Set the first Expression to be sum(PhoneCount) and select that to be a symbol.  Put a second Expression in simply of Phone - set this to be Values On Data Points.  You will also want to check that you have a Continuous axis.

This should give you something to start with, I would sugest you want to also want to play about with the formatting.  The attached .qvw file should give some ideas.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve